Monday, February 25, 2008

Long Distance

I don't know when are how I got into running. Maybe it was something connected to my passion for soccer.

I know that I can remember running laps around the track after school when I was in 7th grade.

Beginning of my senior year, I told someone I wanted to run a marathon, they said, "Yeah right, that is impossible."

May of my senior year, I ran my first marathon. I got 430th place our of 937 people. http://www.lincolnrun.org/lm-f-02.htm . I won my division and they sent me a trophy.

My Sophomore year of college, my friend Cope wanted to run a marathon. We ran one. We ran it together. He got 267th place. I got 268th place. http://www.lincolnrun.org/lm-f-04.htm

Last year I decided 1.5 weeks before the Red Letter Festival to run to the Red Letter Festival from where I lived (Kingsley 32 miles away). We called it the Red Letter Run. I got 1st place.

A couple weeks after that, my gramps was diagnosed with Terminal Brain Cancer, I went home to Denver. While I was there, I ran in the Colfax Marathon (for my gramps). I got 184th place out of 449 people. http://www.onlineraceresults.com/race/view_race.php

This March, I will be running 61.05 miles. The most I will have ever run in one period of time.

I don't know where I got the desire to run long distances, I never ran cross-country or track in high school. I love it, and will continue to do it till I die.

I think running is God's way of calming people down, and to get them out into his beautiful creation.

Get out and run!!!

Last year's promo video

Red Letter Run 2007 - The Bridge